3.17.2009

Spinning Wheel Donation....

.

Via email today - Does anyone have any ideas about anyone that would appreciate this kind donation? Huge thank you to Beryl.

Hello,

I got your name etc from an e-mail- ANHLC update no 8 fire affected houses,and
centres.
I have a spinning wheel and equipment plus fleece that I would like to
give to a spinner who has lost all their equipment in the recent fires.
The wheel is an Ashford painted the colours of the rainbow and called the "Rainbow Wheel',and comes complete with everything needed to start spinning-except a chair, suitable for someone who already spins.
I would prefer it to go to a spinner in Gippsland as I live in Wonthaggi and could deliver it. Also there is a 4 shaft loom if a weaver has lost their loom in the fires.
As a spinner for many years I can not imagine life without my wheels and spinning- its a very theraputic occupation.
Please let me know if you can find a spinner to use the 'Rainbow Wheel'

Yours,
Beryl

2 comments

yarnivorous said...

Try contacting the Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria. http://home.vicnet.net.au/~handspin/ I think they have a Gippsland arm. They may also be able to sell the items and donate the $$ to the appeal.

Anonymous said...

I lost my wheel, carders, extra spools etc etc etc in the Marysville fires, I had lent the wheel to the local Alpaca store as a display and didn't realise how much I would miss it until it was taken from me by the fires.

I live in Alexandra at the moment but have friends in Neerim that could deliver to me or I would be happy to pay postage etc.

I can be contacted on stay@allawahcottages.com.au. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Post a Comment