2.24.2009

Dress Up Drive

.


The fires on February 7 have brought out the best of people. It has been amazing to see so much support and community spirit. When so many people are doing so much, it can be hard to think about what you can do that might make a difference. After donating blood, money and other items, I was left wondering what else “I” could do.

My two little girls love dressing up and have the luxury of a full basket of costumes to let their imagination go wild. I’m sure the children impacted by the bushfires would benefit from replenishing their stocks of dress ups. Whether it be in their homes, health and childcare centres or kindergartens, I feel that this is something practical, short and long term, that I can do. You can too.

We are looking for handmade donations to rebuild the dress up wardrobes of the homes and buildings affected by the bushfires. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Some costume ideas include capes (superheroes, wizards), dresses & skirts, Dino, dragon and animal tails, fairy wings, hats, etc.

Dressing up encourages kids to develop their imagination, escape reality, practice life skills, or feel a bit sparkly and special. Let’s help these kids be kids and ensure they are still dreaming their dreams.

Please direct your donations to Meet me at Mikes and we will co-ordinate distribution.

I will be loading up a tutorial on how to make a felt crown on my blog, and will be adding others soon.

Please email me if you have other ideas to share or know of a sure fire dress up hit that we can include in our contribution!!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://laptopseries.net

Post a Comment