2.18.2009

Mail Jenny Your Fat Quarters TODAY!!!

.

via email:

Dear Patchworkers and Quilters,

You may have heard, on Richard Stubbs's 774/ABC radio show, a woman who rang in on Monday - a keen quilter who lost her home in the fires including her quilting stash. She was quite clear that she was not asking for help, in fact she was saying she is grateful for her life, and felt optimistic about a new future. But I thought it would be a lovely gesture if quilters could reach into their own stash and pull out a couple of fat quarters, or a little something so she can start again.
I made contact with her through 774, and asked her some questions about what she needs, or what she might like.

This is part of what she wrote:

"I would be honoured to receive fat quarters in autumn tonings - I am a very typical Taurus and love the greens/browns/blue of our wonderful planet. I would like to make a new double bed scrappy quilt on a celtic theme and have ideas flashing around my head at the moment. I have made quilts for a number of charities never expecting to be on the other end.
I now understand that some quilters need to work on their own new quilt
- it is a healing process that I am looking forward to. I will pass on excess fabric as I don't want to build up a 'stash' again - want to travel lightly from now on (at least that is what I feel now - not sure about 12 months time!) I have use of a sewing machine until I move back into a new house at Clonbinane and purchase my own machine, thank you.
I will probably be moving into a granny flat type house so won't have a lot of room for 'stuff' - much less housework and more time for my gliding, animals and craft.

I am happy for my name to be released - we need to use this whole situation to turn our world around for the better!


Jenny Luff
c/- 6 Perrin Street
SEYMOUR
Victoria
Australia 3660"

She obviously doesn't want to be inundated, but if you can, please send Jenny just a little something, even one 'fat quarter' or similar-sized piece in the colours she likes. For just a moment, let's make it rain patchwork packages in Seymour.

From A Melbourne Quilter.

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I heard you on the radio, and was thrilled that I had something I could give. I did think about how many women had probably lost their stash, and thought how awful it would be. So I have a pretty great stash, that I would love to share. I haven't done alot of sewing lately, as I have gotten back into horse riding. But I think my studio is going to need a visit very soon for some therapy time, which is so very true!
I will be sending a package to jenny very soon, and if there are others, i would also like to help too.
love and best wishes Claudia in Emerald Vic

Post a Comment